Teacher – Louie
Looking for a class that pulls your body in tight, lifts your bum firm, slims your waistline, makes you feel taller, slimmer like a ballerina’s body? Try Barre Ballet class with former Ballet dancer Louie!
Louie’s Ballet barre class will bring out the dancer in you by sharing his knowledge of Classical ballet teaching essential foundations to look like a dancer for the best barre workout and how you can start feeling like a dancer. It is the learning of the foundations, and the correct technique is the golden key to look, flow, move with grace effortlessly with motion.
“Become a dancer form the first class you do”
WHAT IS BALLET BARRE WORKOUTS?
What you will read online is. “You will use muscles you never thought you had.”
Well, that can’t be true its how you use them.
Stabilising your muscle.
Barre Ballet workouts will stretch as well as strengthen muscles by stabilising muscle to perform full range of movement “R.O.M” or isolation in the particular exercise given.
Looking for quick results? Ballet Barre is the answer. As it uses your muscles in a different way and you will feel as if every muscle in your body is working. we will split this into groups. Starting top to bottom.
Moves freely on the shoulders and also has positons, using your facial expression.
This is the weakest link for most people hold them up for a few minutes is a challenge making you look like a sad swan. Your elbows point to the back and away from each other, the elbow and wrist descend from the shoulder when in 2nd position.
The torso uses the four major abdominal muscles providing strength and mobility in the joints, There is so much happening here as its the powerhouse to keep everything in good order.
Legs and Bum
Yes a firm tight bum as needed no soggy bottoms allowed, this is where the overload of muscles is generally worked to the Maximus
- Do I need dance experience?
- No dance experience is needed!
- Some form of fitness will be an advantage.
- What should I be doing?
- Weight training and or resistant bands, stretching lots of it.
Styles of Barre workouts
Every Instructor has a different background of training some come from dancers background and some form fitness backgrounds. Dancer background Instructors use their dance experience to the routine making it more ballet and fitness background trained are more on the exercise to a music background
A barre workout is principally a combination of Pilates, dance, yoga and functional muscle training. You can perfect a barre workout without any previous dance experience, and tailored to be “as ballet” or as little ballet as you like. A barre workout can be fun, active and intense, providing full mind and body exercises.
Barre Ballet burns calories, feeling taller stronger and gain the power to your muscles.
Think brain training combined with body training. Barre workouts are sure to centre your mind on what your body is doing or maybe not doing
BALLET BARRE WORKOUT DO’S AND DON’TS:
Trying out your first ballet barre workout can be daunting. Don’t be disheartened. You’ll get there. The barre combinations don’t sink in, these things take time. Practice, practice and practice again, and you’ll start finding it gets easier and more effective, meaning you can reap the rewards.
- Do focus understand good technique. Just like ballet, execute petite to grande movements. Or cm or two might be all it takes. Isometric movements allow you to target the specific muscle that you are toning, did somebody say sculpted legs and bum?! You’ll be pleasantly surprised at just how much benefit you’ll get only from adjusting a small amount. Think small for a big ballet barre workout.
- Do practice and learn your ‘tuck’. The tuck is one of the core aspects of barre workouts. In the simplest of forms, it’s mostly a pelvic tilt. Shifting your pelvis forward and pulling your abs in, you’re shortening the space between the hip bones and the rib cage.
DO MARK IT OUT WILL SHOW IMPROVEMENT
“Mark it out,” you say
You will physically move in a half-hearted way of learning by doing the sequence with the teacher as he or she demonstrated. you must mark it out with your body, We have a higher chance of remembering the sequence than just visually observing If you watch you will forget altogether. Therefore its always best to mark it out once maybe twice then go for it with everything you got. I want to see power, strength, confidence, emotion and express the movement give it all you have, become part of the music; Feel it. Breathe it. You are it,
Give me ATTITUDE
- Pre and post stretch and warm-up. A warm-up prepares your body for exercise, which can effectively prevent an injury.
- Do dress appropriately. Barre workout clothes are essential. It can be the difference.
- Men, shorts or with tights underneath,
- fitted tracksuit bottoms, not too baggy
- Women tights Invest in a good pair of leggings and a well-fitting top!
As you progress through the class muscles will start shacking when you overuse them and of fatigue fast, have a water break and d take deep slow breaths
Pace your self
If at any point, you feel pain as opposed to working muscles, stop exercising immediately.
Hi, I’m Louie former Classical Ballet dancer.
To have Barre Ballet hit the gyms and classes, fitness just got even better for me to share my knowledge and let them feel how to train as a dancer. Learning new skills is a great challenge and understand your body understand spacial awareness and connecting your mind and body.