The Effect of Body Changes and Exercise
GENERAL GUIDELINES TO FITNESS DURING AND AFTER PREGNANCY
In the first three months, there are not many noticeable
physical changes. However, there are changes occurring
in your body that may affect your ability and desire to
Some of these include:
- increased urination
- tender breasts
- minor weight gain (0.5 kg to 2 kg)
increase in blood volume
- increased fatigue (although some women actually feel
Because of the increased demand on your cardiovascular
system to provide oxygen to your baby.
You may notice:
- |An increase in resting heart rate of 7–15 beats/min
- Some breathlessness with exertion like climbing stairs.
The Effect of Exercise and Your Pregnancy
There are many benefits associated with physical activity
now and throughout your entire pregnancy. Regular
- helps with circulatory improvements for providing
oxygen to your baby
- helps to decrease discomforts such as nausea and
- helps to keep your weight gain at a healthy rate and
- helps avoid gestational diabetes
- provides stress release
- helps prepare you for the physical demands of labour
- decreases the risk of spontaneous abortion.
You will feel tired and nauseated at this time,
it is a great idea to try and fit activity into your
Safety & Comfort
For comfort during activities such as walking and
running, be sure to wear:
Loose and cool clothing that allows for heat loss
Running shoes with a thick sole and good support
under the forefoot and around the heel.
Nutrition & Hydration Reminders
- Carry a water bottle, and take small, frequent drinks
throughout the day.
- Many pregnant women feel sick from time to time,
especially during the first few months of pregnancy.
- Seek medical attention if you are vomiting frequently
and can’t manage to eat anything.
- And remember to abstain from alcohol.
Continuous aerobic sessions on three days and strength
(circuit) training on two others. Day 3 is for active
rest—easy walking, gardening, biking with the family
and other similar activities. Day 7 is a total rest day.
Below pdf, files to give choice to decide what’s the best for you and your baby