Autumn, Winter warmer, it smells good it tastes good, it will last in the fridge for 2 to 5 days so easy to cook, and you can always tweak it to make it your own Three Canned bean soup. I got this recipe from one of my mothers and I have added my little twist to it.
Hope you like it.
x1 can Kidney Beans
x1 Can Butter Beans
x1 Can Canionalie I Bean or any other
x2 Can Tomatoes
x2 red onions
1 or 2 Large bulbs of Ginger peeled, sliced thinly 3/4 into ginger
x3 t0 5 cloves of garlic
- Fresh Turmeric finely chopped don’t peel
- Chillies fresh or dried
- Can Bamboo shouts full of minerals
- Use any beans of choice
- Peel onion, cut onion in half and a half into quarters chunky slices
- Chop garlic into small pieces (do not peel)
- Medium Heat oil and a blob of butter optional in large pot chuck in onions saute until soft
- Add garlic and ginger, and fresh using fresh turmeric Allow approx 5 min to infuse stirring occasionally
- Add X2 cans of Tomatoes then fill each with water and place in the soup add more water if needed
- While that is cooking open cans of beans, and bamboo shoots rinse canned Pulses or beans as high in starch not suitable for consumption.
- Add beans, and veggie stock add all your extras of your choice
Do not boil soup keep it on the stove as low as possible the flavour is amazing if you just let it cook slow as possible the more the taste will be
Adding pepper will allow the body to absorb the turmeric 100%,
Bamboo shoots Minerals found include calcium, magnesium, phosphorous, potassium, sodium, zinc, copper, manganese, selenium and iron. High in Dietary Fibre
Ginger Carbohydrate – 17.77 g. Dietary Fibre – 2 g. Protein – 1.82 g Dietary Fibre – 2 g. Sugars – 1.7 g.Sodium – 13 mg. Vitamin B6 – 0.16 mg. Calcium – 16 mg.